Friday, January 6, 2012

Day 6 - Red Meat

I made beef and broccoli with brown rice tonight.  My first thought was "Dear God, I am a culinary genius", but then I remembered that it doesn't really take a culinary genius to make red meat delicious (as proven by Ron Swanson in the Parks and Recreation --> Soulmates episode that I can't find on Youtube and embed in this blog due to copyright infringement).

But it got me to thinking about all that red meat has done for me,  bulleted list as follows:
  • My husband's Uncle Vern and I first bonded over beer and red meat.   
  • When I am having the worst kind of day, a nice grilled steak makes everything right with the world again.
  • Bacon Cheeseburgers are gifts from the baby Jesus.
  • My homemade Bacon Cheeseburgers (where the bacon and shredded cheese are mixed in with the hamburger before grilling) have likely played a role in convincing my stepson to love me--along with the 10+ years we have been family.  But...you know...a little grilled meat always sweetens the deal
The act of meticulously eating a big fat juicy steak is reason #2 that I could never be a vegetarian.  Reason #1 is obviously bacon, which will come in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment