Thursday, January 12, 2012

Day 12 - Egg Faces

Our household goes through a lot of eggs, so much so that we buy them by the five dozen at Costco.  Joely is responsible for most of our egg-related activities.  He poaches them, he scrambles them, he fries them, he covers them in pork sausage and fries them again, he sometimes allows our friends to throw them at Riley when we are camping near a river.  Since I love eating them, but I do not like preparing them, I very much appreciate having a resident Master of Eggs to take on these types of tasks.


However, that is not really what this post is about.


One morning a few months back, I opened the fridge to grab my breakfast and I saw this:


This is a self-portrait he did of a face that he makes at me ALL of the time.  I actually squealed with delight when I saw it.  I refused to eat this egg for a whole week.  He told me that he wouldn't boil any more eggs for me until I ate it, but I didn't believe him because that would mean he wouldn't boil any more eggs for him either.  But then, he busted out the big guns and told me that he wouldn't make Egg Faces for me anymore if I refused to eat them. So...I caved. 




And I'm happy I did.  This morning, there was this:


That guy of mine, once again, made my day.  




**LOVE**

2 comments:

  1. Have you heard about how a clown copywrights his face pain? Have you seen http://nationalclownweek.org/eggs.shtml

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps Mr.Joel has missed his calling!

      OR we are going to get sued because taking a sharpie to an egg is copyrighted.

      Wait...what are you saying?

      Delete