Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 16 - Peanut Butter

The way that I love peanut butter could almost be considered indecent.  Not indecent like some urban legends you may have heard, but indecent like sometimes I label my peanut jar "mine" so that I can hide in a dark corner and eat out of it with a spoon. 

My grandmother used to give me toast with peanut butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon and it is still one of my favorite snacks.  There is just something about it that makes it the nearly perfect food.  It's packed with protein, it's sweet and delicious, it sticks to the roof of your mouth in that glorious way that only peanut butter can.  

It's just so simple.  You can be having the worst kind of day and you come home and make a little PB & J and all of a sudden things aren't so bad.  Seriously.  When is the last time you've had one?  It's not something that you really think about, but as soon as you sink your teeth into one of those bad boys you remember being a kid, riding your bike around in the summer time and having nary a care in the world.  You will probably say to yourself, "Damn...this sandwich is delicious.  Why don't I eat PB & J's more often?"  You might think I'm full of it now, but mark my words.  MARK MY WORDS!

Also, as a public service announcement, if you rekindle your love affair with peanut butter might I suggest you also get a dog with a long nose and tongue?  This makes recycling so much easier, no need to ever bust out the spatula to scrape that pesky last little bit in the jar again!

(Relax, she is supervised the whole time.  The second we hear that bad boy crack we take it away.)

No comments:

Post a Comment