Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Day 11 - Animal Prints

When I was in junior high, I got a comforter that looked like a quilt with different types of animal prints.  At the time, my mother was pretty devastated that it wasn't pink (remember, she did have five boys before I came along).  She has since grown to understand how fabulous a good animal print can be.


One must be careful with animal prints as they can easily be super trashy, as illustrated in Exhibit A:

Okay, Exhibit A wasn't really fair to Animal Prints.  Paris would make a mu-mu look trashy.  But I think I've made my point.



When you put too many together, it can be mayhem as illustrated (thanks Illustrator!) in Exhibit B:
I'm going to be honest, I kind of like the mayhem.  I used Exhibit B as a testing file when I was in Quality.  :-)


OR...it could be glorious, as made evident in Exhibit C:
Two things about Exhibit C.  In this photo, which was taken today thus the inspiration for the blog, I am wearing a cashmere sweater purchased for me by my mother...I mean my parents...for Christmas.  Remember what I said about my mom coming around?  Also, obviously this is the example of glorious because I'm making the duck face and everyone knows the duck face indicates unequivocal glamor and sophistication.




There are two ingredients that are required to make animal prints work -- 1. An obnoxious personality such as my own and 2. Moderation.  My husband would argue that not even this is enough to pull it off, but luckily I didn't marry him for his fashion advice.  

1 comment:

  1. Yes, yes. You are right about animal prints. They have a certain vavoom to them, coupled with a touch of iamnotscaredtoscratchyourfuckingeyesout all while remaining sophisticated. It should also be noted that a nice leopard print is as close as I will ever come to snuggling with a cat.

    ReplyDelete