Sunday, January 15, 2012

Day 14 - Naps


I know that there is a certain ilk of people who think that napping is a waste of time.  I am not one of those people.  It could be because I always tend to get sick if I'm overtired, so napping has been a preventive measure for me.  It could also be that I have amazing, detailed, elaborate dreams and I almost always remember them, so for me napping is kind of like escaping to another universe for a little while.

Yesterday I took a five hour nap.  I'm not really sure if that still constitutes as a nap.  I'm not really good at the 15 minute power nap like my mother, so I'm usually down for about 2-3 hours.  At our house, depending upon the amount of time I plan to stay down, we call this "taking to bed" or  "Mama is having herself a little lie down".   I think five hours would be considered the former.  :-)

Either way, Joel and Riley know it means that I will not be demanding family time for at least a couple of hours so they are both welcome to grab their video game controllers and play without interruption.  The dog knows that it means she has some serious snuggle time ahead of her.  The cats know it means the dog won't be chasing them for a good long while.  

For those of you who pshaw at the prospect of a nap, thinking it is time wasted when you could be doing other things; my nap time is an all around win for everyone in this house.  So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment