Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 22 - Angie

Happy Birthday AngieBug!  

I unofficially met Angie on Facebook.  I officially met her on July 4th, maybe 2006.  A friend of hers worked with me and we each won a raffle to watch the fireworks from our cushy courtyard with a view.  I brought my Joely, she brought Miss Angie.   We snuck out onto the Burke Gilman trail so that we could smoke cigarettes together.  


Angie is a wee little whirlwind.  She's vivacious, she's intelligent and she has immaculate taste.  I loved her immediately.  Angie taught me how to hunt for a bargain.  My mother has always been a bargain hunter, so it is a concept I've always been familiar with...but Angie taught me how to make it fun.

One of the things I find most inspirational about her is that the woman has been through SO MUCH.  Be it her health or relationships, she has had plenty of things that would bring mortal women to their knees, but she has always been able to keep herself positive about life.  


She is also an advocate of all animals.  Many people say that they love animals, but Angie has proven that she is willing to go the extra mile to love and protect them.  She used to have a room dedicated to the stray cats she would find in her neighborhood.  She would care for them.  If they were pregnant, she would nurture the kittens, take them to the vet, get them all spayed/neutered and find homes for them.  She is a tender heart and I love that about her.

I remember the night she found her Pomeranian Barney Barker.  She and her boyfriend at the time were taking a walk and they saw him on the street.  She called me and told me that she just found this adorable, little white Pom and she didn't know how to find his owners.  The conversation went as follows:


Me: "So, you're telling me you have a dog?"

Angie:  "No, I'm serious!  He's not wearing a collar, but there must be some way to figure out who's dog he is.  Seriously though...he is SO cute."
Me:  "So, you're telling me you have a dog?"


Happy Birthday my friend.  I hope it was a lovely one!  Also, say hi to Barney Barker for me! 



No comments:

Post a Comment