Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 51 - Motivation

For the sake of complete disclosure, since I was five blogs behind, I was trying to figure out how to skip some blogs yesterday. Joely wouldn't let me.  He told me that I swore I would do this blog thing, that I had plenty of things to write about and that I should quit whining and get to it.  

Then he said "Here, blog about this ridiculously large jar of expensive sugar.  One blog done!  Next, write about these disgusting mini Cadbury eggs you had to have, then dropped all over the floor at the grocery store, and made me help you pick up.  Another blog done!"

(He really did set them right in front of me.  Enormous jar of German Rock Sugar from Teavana, which is seriously the best thing that has ever happened to any kind of tea in the universe, as well as a dozen mini Cadbury eggs...minus four...plus one root beer Dum-Dum.)

True be told, it makes me happy when he snaps the whip.  One of the nice things about being married to Joel is that he is one of the few men who has the courage to tell me I'm wrong.  

The other thing that has been happening a lot lately in the way of motivation is that people are telling me how much they enjoy my blog.  Many people have said they don't want to comment because it seems like they are stalking or that they are intruding.  If you are reading this, please don't feel that way.  

A:  I am posting this blog on the open web, so people who have never met me, have no interest in meeting me, think I'm a complete douche or may be my potential arch nemesis are able to read this blog.  There is literally nothing private about it, so NOBODY is intruding here. 

B:  I LOVE hearing about people reading this blog.  Knowing that people read it and actually enjoy it gives me the motivation to write on days that I would rather be doing just about anything else, so please comment.  Comment away.  Comment every single day and simply say "I read this" or "You're a weirdo".  

C:  YOU ARE NOT STALKING OR INTRUDING.

2 comments:

  1. ...tippietippietoe...

    But I am PEEKING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading! :) You're doing a great job...and often give me ideas for my own blog :) hehe

    ReplyDelete