Sunday, February 12, 2012

Day 41 - Kai's Baking

Kai is one of my very best friends in the whole world.  Luckily for me, Kai is also an amazing baker.  She has baked so many things, way too many for me to recall, that have made me happy.  

But today, I'm going to focus on birthday cakes.*

Four years ago, Kai made me an Almond Raspberry cake for my birthday.  It was the most delicious cake I had ever eaten.  Three years ago, she made me a whole pan of Tiramisu which is my favorite dessert of all time.  Two years ago, she made me a Blue Suede cake.  She knows how crazy I am about Red Velvet cake, but wanted to put her own spin on it so she put blue dye instead of red and called it Blue Suede in honor of my love of Elvis Presley.  She is basically the best person in the history of ever.  Last year I gave her a birthday off and bought a cake.  While it was amazing, but it was no Kai Cake.


This year, I told her that all I wanted for my birthday was another Almond Raspberry cake.  I was at Kai's for dinner and a sleep over on Friday and low and behold, this beautiful cake was waiting on the counter:


This is what made me happy on Friday.  It made me happy again when I had a leftover piece yesterday.  This evening, it will make me happy for the third time when Joel, Riley and I finish it off. 


* She also made Beck a Chocolate Cherry cake with cherry liquor in the cream filling which was freaking awesome.  It was not my birthday cake and I did say that there were so many delicious things that I couldn't name all of them, but this cake was so tasty that I felt it was worth mentioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment