Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day 45 - V-Day

I love Valentine's Day, but probably not for the reason you think.  It is not because I am a woman and we are supposed to love a holiday dedicated to chocolate, jewelry and fancy dinner.  

I love Valentine's Day because it is has always been my Daddy's holiday.  Mom took care of the Christmas presents and the Birthday presents, but V-Day was his day to spoil his girls.  He always bought us cards, little stuffed animals, candies, flowers, etc.  One year he brought me crocuses that he found in the field while he was out checking on his cattle.  It is the single reason that the crocus is one of my favorite flowers.

My favorite year was when he came home with this white puppy clutching a satin pillow that said "You Touched My Heart".  When he walked through the front door with it, my Mom exclaimed "Is that for me!?!"  I am told that he responded somewhat incredulously and said "No! It's for Tiffany."  

I'm assuming she has forgiven him since then since they still hold hands and kiss a lot.

Anyway, Valentines Day makes me happy because it reminds me of the unconditional love of my father.  I will NEVER get to old or married to delight in that.  

Here is Valentine Puppy from my Daddy along with Valentine Gorilla from my Mister Joely.  They keep each other company in my boudoir year round because I will also never get too old to have at least a few stuffed animals on my fainting couch.


No comments:

Post a Comment