Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 39 - Diamond Candles


I should start by admitting that Joel and I are overgrown children.  The one and only time that we have managed to wait until the actual holiday at hand to exchange presents with each other was Christmas of 2011; the only reason I made him wait was because it was the first year that we didn’t have plans with family.  I knew if we opened up all of our presents early we would have no other gifts to open on Christmas Eve and the thought of that was unbearable.  

So.

I got the first part of my Valentine’s Day present last Saturday, which was the complete Harry Potter Series on Blu-ray.  The reason Joel broke down and gave it to me was because as soon as I got back from Shonna’s, I gave him the pajama pants that I had sewn for him myself…at Shonna’s…which were finished literally less than two hours before I handed them over.

Last night as I was getting ready to get in the bath, I got part two of my present.  

Behold…


The Diamond Candle, which is now one of my favorite gifts of all time.  What makes this candle so special?  

One could reasonably assume that it is because my husband picked out this scent, which I happen to think is AMAZING.  Rose, sandalwood, musk and a hint of patchouli (because I only like my candles to smell a little bit like hippies).  When I stayed at the ITC Mughal in Agra, I asked the concierge if she could tell me what scent they piped through the air system because it was so intoxicating.  Then, because I’m a genius, I got distracted and left before she got back and answered me.  This scent reminds me of that smell.  This scent also proves that Joel actually pays attention when I ramble on about the smells that I like.  Well done Joely!  Massive husband points for you!

I suppose what I am saying is that this would be a pretty spot on assumption.

The other thing though, that makes this candle so awesome, is that there is a RING hidden INSIDE the candle.  Did that just blow your mind?  

It is in a wee little foil package to protect it, and you burn the candle down to the point that the wax around it melts then pick it out with a tweezers.  Who was the diabolical genius that thought up this bad boy? As if this wasn’t amazing enough, there is this whole ring collecting & trading community.  It combines three of my favorite things; 1 – Baubles, 2- Candles, 3- Being a competitive bastard.  I’m over the moon about this thing.  

Of course, there might have been a tiny flaw in his plan as I will now have to obsessively buy them at $25 a pop until I get the ring worth $5000.


(Bonus: Picture of Joely’s Valentine’s Day Pants!  As soon as I saw the fabric I knew that it had to be made into pants and they had to be his.)

1 comment:

  1. The best jewelry candles are a hot trend right now. They make the perfect gift, and they are great for people who love everything fashion-related. The stylish candles come in different styles and sizes, so everyone can find their own favorite.

    ReplyDelete