Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 32 – Ani loves Riley



I often look through old pictures.  They help center me, help remind me of things that make me happy.  I was thinking today, what better venue for these pictures than a blog which specifically serves the purpose of showcasing happy making things? 



These pictures were taken the summer of 2009.  Annika used to be head over heels, crazy in love with Riley.  When she finally got over this, a part of me was happy for Riley because sometimes Annika’s love was painful; for example when she hugged him to the point of cutting off his air supply.
All other parts of me think that her getting over her obsession with him was one of the great tragedies of our times.  I miss how she would stare at him all googley eyed.  I miss how she would follow him from room to room.  When they would come over, her first Riley spotting would make her LOSE HER MIND.  It was so stinking cute.



I remember a conversation that Riley had with her during this time, and by with her I mean at her because it was before she started talking.  He and Kai were sitting on the couch together.  She was standing on the floor, her little hands on his legs staring up at him.   

The conversation went as follows:

Riley: Annika, I’m really fond of you but I’m just not ready for a serious relationship right now.  I'm sure you'll find someone someday, but it can't be me.  Besides, I'm too old for you.

Annika:  *Stares at Riley with a big old grin on her face*

Kai:  Aw, thank you Riley.  I love how honest you are with her.  Now I will always know that her first love let her down easy and took care of her heart.

Annika:  *Continues to stare at Riley with the same big old grin on her face*




Here are some pictures of the first time that Annika saw Riley during his summer visit in 2009.  Her first Riley spotting that visit.  Remember what I said about her losing her mind?




The special moment she shared with Riley after she finally finished squealing.




The infamous choke hold hug.  The girl is into some tough love.


No comments:

Post a Comment