Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 36 - Nanook

The Lost Boys is one of my top three favorite movies of all time. Judge me all you want, I grew up on this movie and it feels like home. For all of the hubbub and the hype from everything that has come since, to me a vampire isn't a vampire unless he lives in a cave with a big Jim Morrison poster hanging on the wall and has a fantastic bleach blond mullet.  


I love almost every part of this movie. Grandpa ..."Read the T.V. Guide, you don't need a T.V.".  Edgar Frog..."The Bloodsucking Brady Bunch!" Alan Frog..."Kill your brother, you'll feel better". David..."You'll never grow old Michael, and you'll never die...but you must feed." Ripe with cheesy lines, fantastic good-triumphs-evil plot. I'm sad to admit that I loved it so much I suffered through both the sequel AND part three.

I'm watching it tonight in bed as my "fall asleep to this" movie. I forgot how much I loved Nanook. It could be because I didn't have a dog when I first watched it. There is something about the loyalty of a dog that makes me warm and squishy, but the loyalty of an Alaskan Malamute that attacks your brother in order to defend your life? Doggie Swoon!


I'm already plotting on getting one to protect Sophie from her love of ham and us against potential offenders that might have ham.  An Alaskan Malamute might be where it is at. Or a wolf, if I end up watching Natty Gan before the dog conversation comes up again.  :-)







No comments:

Post a Comment