Sunday, April 1, 2012

Day 92 - My Date with Jason Momoa

For the sake of prosperity, I am recording the events of the encounter as follows:

Joely and I went to the “Media Guest” section of the con to check Jason Momoa’s schedule and found out that he was getting ready to start his photo op session…the last photo op session that he would be doing at the con.  We got into the incredibly long switch line to register for my photo.  We got bellered at by the lady running the line, who insisted on reminding us 37 times that we needed our email addresses ready.  (Do people really forget their email addresses?)  When they announced that photo registration for Christopher Judge and Jason Momoa was closed, we were SECOND from the beginning of the line.  Joel said “Oh no” and my heart fell through my shoes.  I hung my head, sighed a heavy sigh and as I was moving out of the line, the annoying lady said “Wait…Momoa is still open for single shots.”  I leaped back into my place in line.  I may have done a pirouette.

After we got my ticket, they hustled is into the room where they were taking all the photos.  I had to drop off my purse and my husband since neither of them was allowed in the “photo room”.  As I turned the corner of the switch line, I noticed the curtains were pulled back.  I could see him standing there, in all of his glorious glory.  I watched as other people moved through the line in front of me.  He was all sweet and adorable, cracking jokes, picking up a kid for one of the shots, being a million feet tall and gorgeous.  

When I was finally at the beginning of the line, he turned and looked at me and we made eye contact.  

The Time of My Life (as performed by Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes in the hit movie Dirty Dancing) started playing in the background.  He reached his arms out to me and I ran to him.  He picked me up and spun me around.  He set me on my feet and leaned down, then he gave me this long, lingering kiss.  He told me that he loved me, that he had always loved me, and that he wanted us to run away together.

At least, that is what happened in my "internal reality". 

A more accurate version may have been that after we made eye contact, I cracked a big old grin because JASON MOMOA WAS STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.  AND HE WAS LOOKING AT ME.  So, I said “HI JASON MOMOA!”  Then HE cracked a big old grin and said “Hi Sweetheart!  Get over here!”.  And, he really did hold his arms out to me.  Also, I really ran to him…after I hopped up and down once.  He is about a foot taller than me, so when get grabbed me and pulled me in for the epic hug and leaned his head down on me, I was basically surrounded by Momoa goodness.  I smiled so big in the picture that my face looks like it might split.  I think he realized that I turned four right before his eyes and it delighted him. 

Anyway, after they snapped the shot I said “Thank you so much” and he said “Thank YOU, have a good one!”   Joel claims that I did some sort of crazy skip out of there, the kind that kids do when they are pretending to gallop like a horse.  I ran past my purse and he had to remind me to turn around and grab it.  I was flushed and giddy.  I can’t even remember getting out of there.  

There you have it folks.  It was the best 60 second date I’ve ever had.  I wasn’t able to get him to sign anything or actually chat with him because they screwed up on the scheduling.  They had him in a panel at the same time he was supposed to be doing autographs.  We had to leave, so I missed getting to tell him about all of my favorite episodes of Stargate Atlantis, how much I love the fact that he’s married to Denise Huxtable and that he should thank Joel for being there to make sure that I didn’t get arrested for trying to hump him.  

I think I’m going to hang the picture up in my office so that every time someone pisses me off, I can be reminded that I got to touch Jason Momoa and all of a sudden everything will immediately seem less crappy.  Also, since he put his hands on me, please understand that I’m never washing my body again and thank you very much for not judging me for the inevitable smell.  

(This is a picture of the picture that they gave me yesterday.  I wasn't patient enough for them to send the JPEG to my email account.  You know...the email address that I had to have ready.)

7 comments:

  1. I grinned like a fool reading this whole post, especially the "jumping up and down" "skipping" and "turning four" bits. Best Best Best Best thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! Thank you Teresa! I am still randomly giggling today. Did I mention how thankful I am that Joel is so understanding of my celebrity boyfriend?

      Delete
    2. I know, he is a prince among men for sure, and you guys are one of my favorite couples ever. :)

      Delete
    3. Great shot! Love, love love that you got to meet him!! Blue007

      Delete
    4. hi, thank you Auntie Sassy . after reading your story,I swear to do everything I could to meet Jason if he would come somewhere in Europe
      ( I'm living near Paris). and last week, I'VE read HE'LL come to Milton Keanes , near London, 1st to 3th of June.
      usually, I can't travel cause health problems... but for Jason ... well I've "breaked my piggy bank" ( do you say that in english too ?) and I'LL GO TO SEE HIM with my best friends ! I'll dare to do it ! I want my hug too ! ;o)

      Delete
    5. Thanks Nathy! We say "break the bank", but I like your version better. :-)

      Go get your hug sister! Or at least see him in person!

      Delete
  2. I cried while I read this I was laughing so hard.

    Love you, Tiff!

    ReplyDelete