Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Day 101 - Best. Week. Ever.

March 29th - April 6th - one of the best weeks I've ever had.  Why?

I already talked about my epic Jason Momoa hug...you know, the one where he surrounded me like a beautiful, radiant Hawaiian blanket.  Ever since, whenever I sass Joely, he reminds me that Jason is not coming to whisk me away and save me from a life of paying bills and cleaning the kitchen and I say "YOU DON'T KNOW HIM LIKE I KNOW HIM!".  Then, the McBoy, chimes in with "You guys are so weird."

I also mentioned that my best girls and I went to see my favorite Author Guy Christopher Moore talk about his new book Sacre Bleu.  For the first in the three times we have gone to see him, he was not suffering from a cold.  He was charming and awesome.  He didn't even get mad that I told him that he reminded me of a snarky 13 year old girl trapped in a man suit.  He just confessed that when he was researching his character Abby Normal (from the Bloodsucking Fiends series), he scoured teenage goth sites to get the vernacular right and his girlfriend was terrified they were going to get arrested for being creepy.

What I did NOT talk about, because I couldn't until today when it was announced, was that I got a promotion at work...an awesome promotion.  I get to learn the ins and outs of a new product, Muse.  I might even use it to switch this blog over, although my team will yell at me and tell me that it's not a blogging tool.  (See...I HAVE been reading the tutorials.)  In addition, I get to work on some more strategic initiatives for my segment.  This is one of the things that I am the best at...thinking on a high level across multiple products and coming up with efficiencies that will apply to all.   Why focus on one tree when the forest is so beautiful?  ;)


Except...I will also be focusing on one tree.  But, you get the idea I think.  


I was flying high last week.  I should have played the lottery.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Tiffany!!!
    Is there a point when you can hire me as your personal assistant???;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty, you may have to fight Kai for that job. She's been asking about it for a while. ;)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Tiffany!!! You are a MONSTER! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations and all the best...You Rock !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandeep, YOU rock. One of the only reasons I'm not sad is that I know I will still get to work with you. :-)

      Delete