Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 98 - The Bra I Have a Crush On

For the first time in my life, I have developed feelings for a piece of underwear.  

I should start by saying that one of Shonna's greatest skills is finding things she knows her friends will love.  I have never gotten a present from her that was even slightly less than awesome.  One of MY greatest skills is spending money with abandon.  This means that she and I should never, ever go anywhere where things can be found and purchased. 

Obviously, our favorite thing to do together is go shopping.  As one would imagine, Shonna spends the whole time pointing things out that she knows I would love, I spend the whole time buying the things and at the end of the day I have all sorts of shit I don't need and she has purchased one or two things. 

Today, I took her into Soma.  After I wandered around a bit and took in all of the lovely under things, I walked up to her to check in on how she was doing.  She turned around and held out (in my size of course) the single most gorgeous bra I have ever seen.  It reminded me of a corset with perfect little embellishments.  I took it from her and said "Jesus, I think I actually find this bra attractive."  

I knew I was going to buy it before I even checked the price tag.  A bra's job is to hug my breasts all day long, which is a pretty intimate relationship.  What kind of fool would I be to turn down an opportunity to go into that relationship with a bra that I am severely crushing on?  Kind of a no-brainer.

Anyway, the happy-making thing in all of this is that Shonna followed me up to the register carrying the pink variety of the same bra.  She bought something she didn't need.  I feel as though I gained a small victory in regaining a bit of balance. 

And...I have a super hot bra.  

I have a picture of it, but it occurred to me that people I work with read this blog and all of a sudden I felt a little dirty, so you will just have to trust me in regards to its super hotness.

No comments:

Post a Comment