Friday, March 16, 2012

Day 76 - This Past Week

I'm officially skipping days 69 - 75.  While I find the fact that I missed "Day 69" to be one of the great tragedies of our times, I'm also incredibly happy at the prospect of not feeling the pressure to do make up blogs.  


Some happy making things that have happened to me over the past week are as follows: 

There was a power outage at work on Tuesday afternoon which ended up being so bad that they sent us all home.  The reason this made me happy was that I was in strategic planning meetings from 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM on Monday and from 7:30 AM right up until the power went out at 3:00 PM on Tuesday.  I was exhausted and it was a welcome break.  The other part about this whole ordeal that was amusing was that we had some folks from India visiting.  Having brief power failures is pretty common there, so they thought it was hilarious that we were forced to evacuate the building because the power went out.  
 
I love my new manager (and by "new" I mean the manager I've had since last November).  She's incredibly supportive and understanding.  I didn't have the Annual Review I was hoping for on Wednesday, but she makes me feel confident that this is going to be a year filled with growth and learning opportunities for me.


Actually, the fact that most of the people I work with really kick ass made me happy this week as well...especially today.


Cookies.  Cookies always make me happy.


Riley, Sophie and I took a super long walk when I got home from work last night because a: it was still light enough to do so and b: I didn't have a meeting.  I downloaded a smutty book on my Kindle that I would be too embarrassed to purchase at a store, made myself a pot of fancy Teavana tea and took a bath.  I used some Lushie goodness that not only smelled amazing but also turned the water completely blue, a fact which delights me for some reason.

That's all for now.  Please join me tomorrow while I recommence my regularly scheduled blogging.


No comments:

Post a Comment